ISTEP Testing at Cornerstone Baptist Academy
As a result of entering the School Choice program, CBC will be administering the ISTEP tests this spring. There are actually four assessments that make up ISTEP.
The first will be the ISTEP+ Applied Skills assessment. This is given to students in grades 3 - 8. The testing dates are March 3rd - 12th.
The second assessment will be IREAD-3. This is given to 3rd grade between March 17th - 21st.
The third part is the ISTEP+ Multiple-Choice assessment. It again is for grades 3-8 and will be administered between April 28th and May 7th.
The final section is the ISTEP+ End of Course Assessments (ECAs). These are administered to students completing Algebra I, English 10, and Biology.
Assessments begin early in the day. It is important to have your child in attendance on time. The scheduled days are mandated by the state and make up times are limited. The tests are spread over two to three days. No more than two tests are given on any one day. The specific schedule for the assessments will be sent out the week before the tests.
Thanks for making sure your child is in attendance, well rested, and having had a good breakfast. All these things are important to be successful when testing. You will be made aware of testing results when they become available.
The Mission of Cornerstone Baptist Academy:
Preparing each student to reflect the image of Christ in his personal life, family, church, and vocation.
Our goals in accomplishing our mission are to:
- Provide the best possible learning environment for the attainment of spiritual and academic excellence.
- Provide an educational process that puts the Word of God at its center.
- Provide quality education through trained, qualified teachers who not only have education at heart, but also the desire to serve God through teaching according to His principles.
- Instill in the hearts of our students a love for their home, our country, God and His Church.
- Assist each student in developing to his or her full potential physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
Cornerstone Baptist Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, religion, creed, belief, or gender.
Your child's emotional well-being will at all times be in the minds of the staff. Showing love and concern for individuals develops love and concern in return. The safe, stable environment at the school also fosters emotional security in the hearts of the children.